3.10.2012

117.


I apologize.

I apologize
for the air I breathe
for the moments I seize
for the things I may do with ease.

I apologize
for the decisions I make
and the chances I take
and the times I might seem desperate or fake.

I apologize
for the phrases I interject
and the lives I intersect
for the facts about you I may, in fact, forget.

I apologize
for the sounds I voice
and what causes me to rejoice.

I apologize
for filling empty time
with pointless rhyme,
for, maybe, crossing your mind
for the times I have been unkind
or how I so easily unwind.

I apologize
for my specific views
and how easily I bruise
and the passion I infuse,
into everything.

For the phrases I overuse
for when I'm late to pay my dues
and the meaning behind my tattoos,
for how many times I press 'snooze'
I apologize

I don't apologize anymore
for how many times I swore
or for how loudly I snore.
For loving you until you're sore.
I may have apologized before,
but I don't apologize anymore.

-V.

Look. Pictures!