1.15.2011

81.

Did anyone notice i skipped 75 and 76? lol.

So i've undertook a new project, a really intense one that I'm actually going to finish:
No. It's not about books and it's not about writing, although i do enough of that for school as it is, I'm saving finishing Ner0& Nadia for the summer at the toll booth. What I am doing though:

Is creating my own Prom Dress!!!!!!
I'll be keeping you guys updated through my blog on how this project goes, right now i have the design drawn, and the fabric bought, and the sewing machine in my room-- hopefully it'll move past that with the delightful help of my friend Becca (my sewing savior)

The inspiration of the dress is a pride and prejudice style with the colors from Hermione's Yule Ball dress. The slightly low empire waist with simple a-line skirt and laced accents really make it very Austen. On the HP front, the rosy colors are evocative of Hermione's dress in the Yule Ball movie, not so much the book.



And the next step of course would be designing it:





and next would be to secure a sewing machine from my lovely friend Cola:

and FINALLY we went fabric shopping (Kyra, Becca, and I)




And Becca was really happen about her Africa-style cotton.

This is the fabric for my dress:



So wish me luck, and pray to the sewing gods for me,
Valerie.