12.23.2010

79.


Life reflection with valerie, sort of like story time but so much more profound.

Stairs. If there was an epic battle between stairs and humans, I would have to be a cat because they have owned me throughout most of my life. But, those bitches can't walk up us, can they? Any who, i realized that i fall down or up the stairs almost everyday of my teenage life is because i walk up them with excitement and passion--pretty much because i anticipate where I'm going ( which is going to be awesome) and i've learned that like life, when you're too busy looking to the future, when you're too caught up with the emotion of going through the motion, that even an inanimate object can take you by surprise and knock you off your feet, much less something with a soul. So, what i've taken from all the tumbles i've taken, is that you have to notice the little things, and respect them because they can turn into the catalyst into the new stage in your life. I mean I didn't like, fall down stairs into the most popular and attractive guy in school and figure out that he's my prince charming-no, nothing of the sort-i fell and bumped my leg, yet, maybe I'm falling for a reason.

I'm a strong believer in everything happens for a reason and fate and coincidence because they're magical, and i think- i hope that the universe is rooting for you, for everyone.

Stairs, where the magic happens.


Stair experience:
my beloved english teacher fell down her stairs about i suppose a week before school started, and was really hurt so didn't make it in for the first week of school. At this point, i was in her creative writing class, and because she wasn't in, she left a first lines assignment to finish phrases, and from one single phrase i came to write the novel I'm working on now. Stairs. OH, stairs, and I'm sorry my english teacher was thrown under the bus by that instance --- down the stairs? Punny, yeah i tend to do that to a fault.

Valerie.


P.S. Spiral staircases are romantic <3>